Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Internet: A Wonderful and Horrible Thing

I spend alot of time looking up people I went to high school or college with. I know this is not particularly healthy and yet I continue to do it. Just found out that a girl I went to college with and did a show with is now a big time Hollywood director. Of course there is a sense of envy, as if her life is somehow more meaningful than mine. I know this is not really the case, but on the surface, it looks and feels that way. I have been around alot of "famous" people; some I have even met, been introduced to, exchanged pleasantries with. Because of my chosen profession, I have had those opportunities. Did they make my life more complete? No. They provided some interesting fodder for conversations, but that's all. In the end, none of that matters. The trappings, the lives that seem so much better than mine, they are all delusions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home